The colors and patterns that we pick for our wardrobe as well as jewelry and other accessories are all little outlets of out unique personalities. A simple glimpse at a person provides many clues about who they are and what they like. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we can or should judge people on appearances, but it's undeniable that the way we look has the potential of revealing a lot about us.
If you 'believe in' accessorizing, you might be also use your 'gadgets' as accessories. Women are notoriously known for that my having different panels for their phones, lap-tops and watches. Of course, men do it too, but in in the obvious glitzy way that we usually like to do it (and I apologize for stereotyping, but let's face it ... most girls like colors and glitz). Phone panels, vinyl stickers and cases are a super easy way to add some character to your daily necessity - the phone. It's true that the phone is no longer the boring piece of machinery if used to be. Today, it is all personalized with tons of applications, pictures and all other features you might like, but for compulsive 'accessorizers', the outside matters too.
Here are some ideas for those of you who have iPhones.
Ever since the iPhone sensation exploded with millions of fans worldwide, there has been ever growing variety of cases and covers in all shapes and forms. When it comes to cases, my favorite brand is Vaja. They offer great quality leather products that are simply stunning to look at and, more importantly, will really protect what's inside. However, as usual, good quality comes at a price; plus, if you order a case it usually takes around 45 days for it to be handcrafted, but the end product is worth the wait. See for yourself.
If this is not really your style, however, and you would prefer something that's funny, or geeky, or whimsical there's a lot to pick from. Let me share with you some finds from the Etsy store, but just keep in mind that items there are unique and usually come just one in stock.
1. Breakfast Waffle 2. Strawberry IceCream 3. Toaster Pastry Food 4. Pint of Beer 5. Brown Package Fragile 6. Wine Gums Sweets
7. Sci-Fi Blue Police Phone Booth 8. Retro Camera Black and Teal 9. British Red Phone Booth 10. 80's Retro Mix Cassette Tape 11. Math Faux Calculator 12. Tuxedo Black and White 13. Retro Sci-Fi Trek Communicator 14. Record Player Turn Table Music 15. Don't Panic
17. Video Game Gamer 18. Classic 80's guitar distortion pedal 19. Orange Casette Tape 20. Anime Ai Yori Aoshi Purple 21. Beethoven Manuscript Music Score 22. Music Score 23. Anime Orange 24. Marilyn Monroe in Pop Art Style 25. Twenty British Pounds
26. Moustache 27. Txt Happy 28. Mr Bean 29. Monster 30. Etch a Sketch 31. Doom Game 32. Apple I printed circuit board 33. American Flag
iPhone Vinyl Stickers
Another way to personalize your iPhone is the vinyl stickers that are also very popular not only for phones, but for lap tops as well. Again, some interesting ones can be found in the Etsy store.
1. U know who 2. Full Color Iron Man 3. The Great Wave off Kanagawa 4. The Starry Night 5. Lady in Pink iPod touch skin 6. Apple Pie
Here are some finds from ModCloth.
As you can see, there'a variety that will suit all tastes, so whatever the personality trait, you can find the according iPhone accessory.
Oh, just keep in mind that most iPone accessories on the market right now are for iPhone and iPhone 3G. If you're about to purchase the new iPhone 4, wait a wail, cases and accessories are in the making.
Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy the weekend!