Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Alexander McQueen, Pre-Fall 2011

Designer Sarah Burton proudly stands behind the Alexander McQueen label. She is the creative director whom we need to thank for this Pre-Fall collection. I thought it would be a drag to see any more military-inspired looks for fall, or girls wearing "boys' clothes" but I was wrong! I think this creative work is sublime. Navy- and military-inspired coats, buttons and collars are combined with strictly feminine skirts, dresses and gold embellishments. Above all, I think I am mesmerized by these beautiful reds and hot pinks - such a treat for the eye! It's refreshing to see something else than browns and neutrals (since these are very popular for Fall 2011). Yet, we still see a lot of black (the number one choice for all designers this time of year).
Image source here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...